E-2 Visa Lawyer


A number of countries around the world have what is known as a “treaty of commerce and navigation” with the United States, and investors from these treaty countries may be able to travel to and work in the U.S. with an E-2 visa. The visa is granted for a period of two years but is often eligible to be extended, as long as the U.S. business the foreign national invested in continues to be viable.

Additionally, E-2 visa holders are able to bring their spouse and any children under the age of 21 with them to the U.S., and in some cases, they can also bring “essential employees” with them. At AmLaw Group, our E-2 visa attorneys understand that the process of choosing and applying for a visa is a complicated process; that is why we have dedicated our practice to handling these complexities for you, so you can focus on more important matters.

Qualifying for an E-2 Visa

There are a number of specific qualifications that an applicant must meet to be eligible for E-2 visa status as an investor. Specifically, an applicant must:

  • Be a national of a country that maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation with the U.S.
  • Invest, or be in the process of investing, a “substantial amount” of money into a U.S. business
  • Be actively and directly involved in the management of the company that the applicant invests in

To qualify for an E-2 visa as an “essential employee,” an applicant must:

  • Be of the same nationality as the investor
  • Must either function in a managerial / executive capacity, or be able to demonstrate that he or she has other special qualifications

To view a list of countries with which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation, click here.

Contact an E-2 Visa Attorney Today to Learn More

Applying for an E-2 visa does not have to be a difficult endeavor with the help of an experienced E-2 visa lawyer. For the experienced and dedicated help you need, contact the immigration attorneys at AmLaw Group today by calling (305) 509-6400.